It’s no secret that there’s increasing demand and a downright business case for improving diversity within organisations.
The benefits are endless across the tangible and intangible spectrum, from increased creativity, improved decision making, reduced turnover, access to new markets and a proven positive impact on financial performance.
The challenges can not and should not be ignored, namely potential for communication breakdown and lack of employee cohesion, however, there is a great deal of advice on how to handle these.
So, the question is, what are you and your organisation doing to drive diversity?
Being part of the Programmed family, PERSOLKELLY embrace diversity, equality and inclusion as one of our core values.
And we don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk:
- PERSOLKELLY run an annual Future Scientist Award program. We partner with local universities to engage recent science graduates and provide a platform for them to present to a panel of keen hiring managers.
- We have a working group who are formalising initiatives to drive our engagement with STEM candidates, including creating resources, candidate and client networking groups and sponsoring women in STEM-related education awards.
- PERSOLKELLY consultants present and provide coaching at various education and industry career events as well as online webinars.
- We have a specific careers page and Facebook group to connect with indigenous candidates.
- Our colleagues at Programmed Training Services provide an impressive array of traineeships and apprenticeships, with 41% female participation in male dominated environments and 32% ATSI apprenticeship participation.
- Our colleagues at Programmed Skilled Workforce have over 160 indigenous candidates on site with clients in the mining sector alone.
I am really proud of our efforts to date, but there is, of course, always room for improvement.
Written by Ashley Speers
Ashley is a Perth-based Business Development Manager, responsible for establishing and driving new client partnerships throughout Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory. Ashely’s experience in the workforce solutions industry spans ten years; she’s worked collaboratively with leading Australian organisations to design, implement and deliver talent solutions pertinent to their business priorities.
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading staffing and recruitment providers. If you’re looking for work, explore our jobs, or register your details, search and apply for jobs on GO, available free from your App store. If you’re looking for staff, get in touch with us to find out how we can support your business with great people.