Ten years in five C’s
Ten years ago, I booked flights to Australia and started applying for jobs, not really knowing what I was doing or what to expect.
Having fallen into the recruitment industry (like most of us do) in Northern Ireland, it was a natural option to explore in Perth.
Most companies scheduled interviews for when I arrived but what was the old Kelly Services business went ahead and arranged two Skype interviews, psychometric testing and references. Before I knew it, I was signing my contract and providing my details for visa sponsorship before I had even boarded the plane.
Way back then, I remember thinking, WOW, this company is:
A) On the ball
B) Forward thinking
C) Not shy of taking a risk
Knowing I had a permanent job on arrival made the whole experience of moving half way around the world a whole lot more comforting.
Since then, I have grown personally and professionally in my ten-year tenure in the now PERSOLKELLY business.
With this significant milestone looming I have been reflecting on my journey and wanted to share why I have stayed happy, loyal and engaged at PERSOLKELLY.
Let me introduce the 5 C’s (in no particular order):
1. Colleagues – Spending more time in the office than at home has been a pleasure with the amazing array of characters I have worked with over the years, some of whom will be friends for life.
2. Culture – Fun, supportive, passionate, professional, team focused, all blend together for the perfect culture balance.
3. Career – Every few years I have approached my leader with a plan for my next step, it has always been welcomed and supported.
4. Care – Whether it be attending my kid’s sports carnival, looking after myself or my children when we are unwell, having the flexibility to work remotely and part-time, I have always felt my leaders cared.
5. Coaching – I have been lucky to have worked with a wide range of leaders and leadership styles and have learnt so many pearls of wisdom along the way.
Written by Ashley Speers
Ashley is a Perth-based Business Development Manager, responsible for establishing and driving new client partnerships throughout Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory. Ashely’s experience in the workforce solutions industry spans ten years; she’s worked collaboratively with leading Australian organisations to design, implement and deliver talent solutions pertinent to their business priorities.
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading staffing and recruitment providers. If you’re looking for work, explore our jobs, or register your details, search and apply for jobs on GO, available free from your App store. If you’re looking for staff, get in touch with us to find out how we can support your business with great people.